These are the standard terms and conditions of Unicorn City Pty Ltd (ABN: 786 265 019 06) trading as Ucities (“Ucities”). If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and a separate proposal document or email from an authorized representative of Ucities, the terms of the proposal document or email will prevail.
Ucities is an online community dedicated to startups and people interested in working with and for startups. Startup customers are able to set up a profile on Ucities and advertise their vacant job roles to the Ucities community for free. Customers also have a number of paid options available to them on the website and as per below for Ucities to provide them with additional recruitment support as required.
Contingent Recruitment: Ucities will actively engage with and promote the customer’s vacant position(s) on their behalf to a network of more than 20,000 people to source potential candidates for the role(s) and will forward candidates to the customer for interviews. Customers only incur a fee if one or more of the referred candidates is hired by the customer from this process.
Retained Recruitment: Customers agree to appoint Ucities as the exclusive recruiter for one or more of their vacant positions on a month by month basis until the roles are filled. Ucities will act on the customer’s behalf to promote the role to a network of more than 20,000 people as well as using LinkedIn Recruiter (professional grade database) and other proprietary means to apply executive search methodology in order to source and attract suitable candidates.
Exclusivity applies only for Retained Recruitment. Our retained recruitment terms are based on the understanding that Ucities is retained exclusively and that candidates from all sources, including within the client company, will be referred to Ucities for assessment and representation as part of the assignment. Exclusivity does not apply to contingent recruitment.
Fees. Unless agreed and set out differently in the proposal document, our professional fees are:
- Contingent Recruitment: 14% of the total guaranteed remuneration package including cash,superannuation, sign-on payments and non-cash benefits per placed candidate.
- Retained Recruitment: $300 per month as a retainer plus placement fee of 12.5% of the total guaranteed remuneration package including cash, superannuation, sign-on payments and non-cash benefits per placed candidate.
- Interim/Contract Assignments: Ucities will charge a 14% mark-up plus GST based on their agreed daily rate. All interim/contract arrangements must be entered into directly between the customer and the candidate(s). The customer acknowledges and accepts that Ucities is not liable or responsible for the actions of the contractor and that the employment relationship is directly between the contractor and the customer. Should the contractor accept a full-time position the contingent recruitment fee will apply.
- Advertising: $100 per standard advertisement on the Ucities site, $250 for premium advertisements.
If more than one candidate is employed, an additional fee as outlined above applies for each additional candidate hired.
Invoicing. Unless agreed and set out differently in the proposal document or email, our standard invoicing arrangement is as follows:
- Contingent Recruitment: the placement fee will be divided into 12 and invoiced on a monthly basis for a maximum of 12 months with the first payment due on the candidate’s start date.
- Retained Recruitment: The first $300 monthly retainer is due on engaging Ucities to undertake the retained recruitment assignment. This arrangement can be cancelled by the customer at any time with no further retainer fee payable. The $300 per month retainer fee ceases to apply when a candidate or candidates have been placed in the role(s) whereupon the placement fee will apply. The placement fee will be divided into
12 and invoiced on a monthly basis for a maximum of 12 months with the first payment due on the candidate’s start date.
- Interim/Contract: Invoiced monthly.
If a candidate leaves voluntarily or is terminated from their position by the customer, no further payments are due to Ucities so long as the customer advises Ucities in advance of the candidate’s final day. Funds already advanced will not be refunded.
GST. Unless expressly stated to be inclusive of GST, all consideration payable for the supply of goods, services or other things under this agreement has been calculated exclusive of GST. Where GST is imposed on a supply made pursuant to this agreement, the recipient of the supply must pay, in addition to the GST exclusive consideration, an amount equal to the GST payable on the supply.
Payment Terms. Our payment terms are strictly 7 days from the date of the invoice.
Candidate Ownership. A professional fee is payable if a candidate introduced by Ucities is appointed at any time within 12 months from the date of introduction. This includes an appointment by all associated entities and parties of the client.
Cancellation and Modification. The contract may be cancelled, modified or suspended at any time given written notice. If an engagement is cancelled the client will be liable for all outstanding professional fees and expenses incurred up to date of notification.